Table Top French Press
Most coffee connoisseurs agree that French pressing coffee is the purest way to extract the flavor profile the coffee roaster intended. Over the years however, there has been great debate as to the best type of French press coffee maker to use.
Traditionally, a glass French press coffee maker was often used as this provided an elegant coffee or tea service. There are two major drawbacks to glass French press coffee makers. First they are terribly delicate and will assuredly shatter if dropped to floor and will often chip or break just tapping it on the side of the trash can to loosen the used grounds. Second, glass French press coffee makers have incredibly poor heat retention capabilities, meaning that your coffee gets chilled far too quickly.
Enter the stainless steel French press. When we designed our Table Top French Presses, we solved both issues of durability and insulation while maintaining an elegant design. Stylish, functional and durable, the Planetary Design Table Top French press coffee makers create a pure, clean and flavorful brew that’s hot hours after it’s been prepared. You can drop a stainless steel French press, you can bang it against the trash can to release the grounds, you can even take it in on a boat for a whitewater trip and let it bounce around the dry box! It’s nearly indestructible you can enjoy the best brew on the planet, nearly anywhere on the planet.
To use a Table Top stainless steel French press simply add coffee grounds, (use a French press grind which is slightly more course than a drip grind) approximately 1 tablespoon for every 4 ounces of water. You can either add the cream and sugar if desired to the French press coffee maker now or wait until after pouring. Let the brew steep for 4-5 minutes or to desired taste, push down plunger and enjoy!
Available in All Sizes
Additional color for 20oz and 32oz
- Constructed of double-walled, vacuum-insulated, 18/8 restaurant-grade stainless steel
- Patented plunger press and ultra-fine, stainless steel mesh screen
- Double filtration system ensuring an exceptionally clean brew
- Brushed steel or high gloss, scratch-resistant finish
- Hand-wash recommended
Available in these sizes
- 20 oz: 4¼” Base x 7¾” High
- 32 oz: 5½” Base x 9″ High
- 48 oz: 5½” Base x 10½” High
- Amelia H. – New York "I just wanted to take the time to tell you how much I absolutely love my table top press. When my boyfriend moved in, my one cup press wasn't going to cut it, so I went to a local coffee shop (Market Street Coffee & Tea in Corning) and made myself shell out the $ for the big 48 oz version. This was a year ago. Almost every day since, when I pour a steaming hot cup of coffee 2 or 3 hours after my first cup, I literally say out loud, "I (expletive removed) LOVE this french press." (Pardon my french). To this day, I am IN LOVE with this french press. Thank you guys for making this best thing ever. Plus, Missoula is AWESOME. Stay true to what you do best & you'll have me as a customer for life."
- David T – New York "I love your product and look forward to using the Table Top and Field Testing the Big Sky over the holidays. I’m 41 and not a social media guy(if I was I’d plug your product that way) preferring traditional communication when I leave the office. However, if those who make your website ever need a testimonial on the durability, functionality and usefulness of the Double Shot, I would be happy to add my name. I’m sure I’ll also have good things to same about the other products if they are designed with the same attention to detail, durability and functionality as the Double Shot."
- KeriAnn – Moscow, ID"I am a coffee fan – a big. coffee. fan. I recently had enough of drip coffee makers, expensive ones breaking or producing bitter coffee, and I bought my first traditional French press. It was better, until my toddler dropped a cup into the sink where the press lay and broke the glass. I had heard of your product and even had the experience of your press one other time through friends. We knew right where to go in our coffee journey. We love our new press. It produces a delicious brew, rich and smooth, just how we like it, is fashionable, and we’re anticipating will stand the test of time. We’re traveling this summer, and our French press will be coming with us. Thanks so much for sharing a passion of fine coffee at home in a fine product."