Bulk Storage for Cannabis
Browse Bulk Cannabis Storage Options to Preserve the Quality & Aroma
There are several products that can be used for storing large amounts of cannabis to ensure its preservation and quality. Some of the best options include:
- Glass jars with airtight lids: Glass jars are a great option for storing cannabis because they protect the product from light, humidity, and other environmental factors. Airtight lids help to keep the cannabis fresh by preserving its aroma and taste.
- Vacuum-sealed bags: Vacuum-sealed bags are another great option for storing cannabis. They remove the air from the bag and create an airtight seal that helps to preserve the quality and potency of the product.
- Humidity control packs: These packs can be placed inside the storage container to help maintain the ideal humidity level of 55-62% for cannabis storage.
- Temperature and humidity monitoring devices: These devices can be used to monitor the temperature and humidity levels in the storage area to ensure they stay within the ideal range.
- Climate control systems: A climate control system can help to regulate the temperature and humidity in the storage area, ensuring that the cannabis is stored under the ideal conditions.
- Pest control products: There are several chemical and natural pest control products available that can be used to keep pests out of the cannabis storage area.
It’s worth noting that different states and countries have different regulations regarding cannabis storage and it is important to comply with them.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The shelf life of cannabis depends on various factors such as storage conditions, packaging and the strain of cannabis. Generally, cannabis can be stored for around 6-12 months before it starts losing its potency. However, if stored properly in optimal conditions, the shelf life can be extended up to 2 years.
To maintain the potency of cannabis, it should be stored in a cool, dark, and dry place with a relative humidity of 55-62%. It’s also essential to use airtight, opaque packaging that protects it from light, air and humidity. Additionally, it’s important to keep cannabis away from any strong smells, as it absorbs odors easily.
It’s worth noting that as cannabis ages, the THC levels may decrease and the CBD levels may increase. This means that the effect of older cannabis may be less potent and have more therapeutic effects.
It’s also important to check the expiration date of the cannabis product and discard any products that are past their expiration date.
The ideal temperature for storing cannabis is between 59-68°F (15-20°C) and the ideal relative humidity is 55-62%. This range of temperature and humidity will help maintain the quality and potency of the cannabis.
Temperature control is important because cannabis is sensitive to heat. High temperatures can cause the THC and CBD levels to deteriorate, while low temperatures can cause the cannabis to dry out, resulting in a decrease in potency.
Humidity control is also important because too much humidity can lead to mold and mildew growth, while too little humidity can cause the cannabis to dry out and lose its potency. It’s essential to keep the relative humidity between 55-62% to prevent mold and mildew growth and to maintain the potency of the cannabis.
It’s worth noting that these are general guidelines and some strains may require specific storage conditions. It’s best to consult with experts or the breeder of the strain for specific storage requirements.
Monitoring the temperature and humidity levels regularly and making adjustments as necessary can help ensure that the cannabis is stored in the optimal conditions for preservation and quality.
Storing cannabis in plastic containers can be less safe than storing it in glass jars or vacuum-sealed bags. This is because plastic containers are not airtight, which can lead to the cannabis being exposed to air and light, both of which can degrade the quality and potency of the product.
Additionally, some plastics can release chemicals that can contaminate the cannabis, especially if exposed to high temperatures or humidity.
These chemicals can be harmful to consume and can also affect the taste and aroma of the cannabis.
It’s recommended to use glass jars or vacuum-sealed bags for cannabis storage as these materials are airtight and protect the cannabis from light and air. These materials also do not release any chemicals that can contaminate the cannabis.
However, if you choose to store cannabis in plastic containers, it is important to use food-grade plastic containers that are free of BPA and Phthalates and use opaque, UV-resistant containers to protect the cannabis from light. It’s also important to keep the cannabis away from heat sources and keep the storage area cool.
Keeping pests out of your cannabis storage is crucial to ensure the quality and preservation of the product. One of the best ways to prevent pests from entering your storage area is through sanitation. Keeping the storage area clean and free of debris can help prevent pests from entering. Regularly inspecting the storage area for signs of pests and taking steps to clean it can help prevent pests from entering. Pests are attracted to food and moisture, so it is important to store the cannabis in a clean area, free from any food debris, and keep the storage area dry.
Another way to keep pests out of your cannabis storage is by using pest control products. There are several chemical and natural pest control products available that can be used to keep pests out of the cannabis storage area. These include pesticides, pheromone traps, and sticky traps. However, it is important to use these products carefully and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid any contamination of the cannabis.
Sealing entry points is also crucial in preventing pests from entering the storage area. Pests can enter the storage area through cracks and holes in walls, floors, and ceilings. Sealing these entry points can help prevent pests from entering.
Exclusion methods such as using physical barriers such as screens on windows and doors can also be effective in preventing pests from entering the storage area.
Monitoring the storage area regularly for any signs of pests is also essential. Regular inspections can help catch an infestation early, before it becomes a major problem.
Using natural predators is another way to control pests, you can use natural predators such as ladybugs, lacewings, and nematodes to control pests.
Proper airflow is important for preventing mold and mildew growth and ensuring that the cannabis dries evenly. Here are some ways to ensure proper airflow in your cannabis storage area:
- Ventilation system: A ventilation system can help circulate fresh air and keep the humidity levels under control. The system can be designed to bring in fresh air from outside, filter it, and then circulate it throughout the storage area.
- Fans: Fans can be used to circulate air and keep the humidity levels under control. They can be placed in the storage area to create a constant flow of air.
- Air filters: Air filters can be used to remove dust, mold spores, and other contaminants from the air in the storage area. This can help prevent mold and mildew growth and ensure that the cannabis is stored in a clean environment.
- Monitor humidity and temperature: Monitoring the humidity and temperature levels in the storage area can help identify any issues with airflow. If the humidity level is too high, it could indicate that there is not enough airflow, and adjustments need to be made.
- Make sure the storage area is not overcrowded: Overcrowding the storage area can inhibit airflow, leading to an increase in humidity and promoting mold growth.
- Keep the storage area clean: Regular cleaning of the storage area can help remove any dust or debris that may be blocking airflow.
Products for Bulk Cannabis Storage
- Airscape® Bucket Lid Insert: This device turns any 3 1/2-7 gallon bucket into the ultimate cannabis preservation system. This bucket lid features a degassing valve so you don’t have to manually burp. It also features a Nitro-Port Valve that allows you to insert noble gases to prevent oxygen from touching your cannabis.
- Boveda humidity control packs: These packs can be placed inside the storage container to help maintain the ideal humidity level of 55-62% for cannabis storage. They come in different sizes and can be used for long-term storage.
- CVault storage containers: These airtight, light-proof containers are designed specifically for cannabis storage. They come in various sizes and are equipped with a humidity pack holder.
- Cannador humidity-controlled storage: They offer a range of humidity-controlled storage options, including wooden boxes and jars, which are designed to maintain the ideal humidity level for cannabis storage.
- FoodVac Bags: They specialize in vacuum-sealing products for food preservation and offer a wide range of vacuum-sealed bags that can be used for cannabis storage. These bags are made from BPA-free plastic and are designed to remove the air from the bag, creating an airtight seal that helps to preserve the quality and potency of the cannabis. FoodVac bags come in different sizes, making it easy to find the right size for your cannabis storage needs. Additionally, they have different types of bags, such as bags with a valve to release the air, bags with a vacuum-seal zipper, and so on, making it easy to find the right bag for your cannabis storage needs.